Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Life at Home - Week 1

We left the hospital on Thursday, September 27. Checking into the hospital was a piece of cake but checking out was like an act of congress! It took forever!!

Johny & I were so excited to bring Hatcher home & to introduce him to Dooley! Ok, I have to admit that I was a bit nervous too because Dooley has been the center of our world for 2 years & those who know him know he requires lots of attention. He was great practice for being parents! When we came in he was so excited to see us & ran around in circles. Didn't even pay attention to Hatcher. He & Johny went out in the back yard & ran around before bringing him inside to meet Hatcher. The meeting went great & he even gave Hatch a little kiss to seal the deal! We were so relieved.

For the first two weeks, my mom stayed with us & it was such a blessing! She was a huge help! She kept our house clean, clothes washed & food on the table. I highly recommend to any new parents having some help the first week or two. I was still not getting around really good & having an extra set of hands was helpful. Thank you mom for being there with us!

The first week was fun & definitely an adjustment as we figured things out. It's a process of trial & error  for sure. There were many sleepless nights & late night feedings but those are some of my most precious memories!

We had lots of visitors the first week as we introduced Hatch to family & friends! He is one loved little boy! Below are some pictures of him coming home & of him meeting his loved ones.

Mommy & Hatch ready to go home! 

My first trip in my car seat! I did great!!

In the car & ready to go home! :)

Annie came to visit us on Saturday! 


Watching my first UGA game with daddy!

Loving on Great Grandmother Ricks!

Hatch with Granddaddy!

Hatcher meeting GiGi & Paw Paw (my grandparents)

Hatch meeting PaPa Outlaw (J's grandfather)

Johny, Hatch, Papa Outlaw & cousins Josh & Jake

3 generations! :)

Cousin Jake & Hatcher

Great Aunt Tammie & Hatcher (J's aunt)

Cousin Josh & Hatcher

One of my favorite pictures from H's first week at home! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment