Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

My Mommy Must Haves - Part Two

I posted about "My Mommy Must Haves" several months ago. While some of those things are still things we use now, we've added new things as Hatcher has grown! I thought I'd share some of the things we're loving right now with you.

Nuk Pacifiers:
These are by far Hatcher's favorite pacifiers! When he was really little, we used Soothies because at the time those were all he would use. As he got older, he wasn't very into them anymore. He's not a baby who requires a pacie all the time but he does like them when we're in the car or when he's sleepy. Although, once asleep he usually spits it out & we remove it from the crib. I love the Nuks because there are a lot of different designs & colors which make it fun to coordinate them with their clothes. Yes, I know I have a little boy but I still like for him to match! :)

Pacifier Clips:
These things are an absolute must for a baby who fights sleep & will constantly spit out the pacifier to keep mommy & daddy busy while he tries to stay awake. It's also great for the car seat when you're reaching your arm behind the seat to stick it back in their mouths when they're not a happy camper!! My mom gave me two of these super cute seer sucker clips & we use them all the time.

Teething Rings:
We are in the teething trenches right now & these things are a MUST! These are great for a baby who is teething badly & needs some soothing comfort. You can put them in the fridge or freezer & then give one to the baby when needed. Hatcher loves his & they do seem to provide him with some comfort when those gums are really sore.

Jumparoo:
This is by far one of the best gifts Hatcher has received! He absolutely LOVES his jumparoo & spends a lot of time playing in it. I love it because it's easy to move around the house so that he can play while mommy does chores! He loves watching me cook dinner & do things around the kitchen & laundry room so it's often there but it's also nice when mommy is trying to get ready to go somewhere! 

Rattles or anything that makes noise & can be used to chew on:
I literally keep these type of toys in every room of our house! Hatcher loves rattles that make lots of noise & that he can also chew on for those sore gums! I like them too because they're small & easy to throw in the diaper bag so that he has something to play with at the grocery store or when we venture out to a restaurant for lunch/dinner.

Breathable Bumper Bads:

When I transitioned Hatcher into his crib at 4 months, I was really concerned about his bumper guards. So I removed the pretty ones & replaced them with a breathable mesh crib liner that I picked up at Target. I wanted him to get used to sleeping in his crib before I used his nice bumper guards & this was perfect for us! Hatcher will often sleep on his side & when he does he seems to get really close to the edge of the crib so I wanted to ensure that if he was pressed up against the side, he could still breathe well. This past weekend I removed the mesh crib liner & put our pretty bumper guards back in & he's doing great. 

Mamas & Papas Seat:

I love this little seat probably more than Hatch does! It's very similar to the Bumbo seat but those were recalled when I was pregnant & most of the stores had removed them from their shelves so I went with this seat instead & we really like it. It's great at helping babies learn to sit up unassisted & as he gets older I think he's going to like it even more. 

Stroller/Carseat Rattle:
Hatcher has two of these adorable stroller/carseat rattles by Mud Pie. He plays with them all the time & they're so cute & fun! :)

Baby Food Storage:

As I've blogged before, I've decided to make the majority of Hatcher's baby food since I'm staying home with him & have the time. I absolutely love my Baby Bullet storage system but I've also starting using ice cube trays. I just simply fill up the tray with whatever food I've made & stick them in the freezer until they're good & frozen. Then I pop them into freezer bags & label them with the food name & date & then all I have to do is pop out one serving & thaw it out. Super easy!!

TM Pro White Noise App:

We have this app downloaded onto our iPhones & our iPad. Hatcher still likes to sleep with white noise playing & the sleep sheep only plays for 45 minutes. We were noticing that as soon as it shut off he would start stirring around or waking up. So we just put our iPad in his bedroom at night & this app will play until you turn it off. I also use it on my cell phone in the car when he's having trouble going to sleep. It's amazing!! 

These are just a few of the things we're loving right now & wanted to share with other mommies or mommies-to-be! 












No comments:

Post a Comment