Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hatcher 12-14 Months

As my sweet boy is getting bigger, it's hard to stay as up-to-date on my blog as I would like. To say he keeps me busy and on my toes would be an understatement! The past two months have flown by and Hatcher is learning at warp's speed. It is amazing how much these little ones can learn in such a short period of time. He is at such a fun age and his personality is contagious! He can go 100 miles a minute and I will be so exhausted by the end of the day, I can barely hold my eyes open. But once he's asleep and I've had time to unwind, I miss him so much! He is so loving and gentle yet 100% boy and into everything and anything he can get his hands on; especially the things he knows he's not supposed to get into. Isn't that how it always is, though? Here's a snapshot into what he's been up to lately and the fun things he's learned to do.

-He LOVES to eat. I swear to you he can eat like a grown man. I try not to worry too much though because he's so active that he's working off all of those calories he's taking in. Lucky for us, he likes to eat healthy food and the occassional not so healthy foods. He isn't a picky eater at this point and will eat anything you put in front of him. He can be a bit agressive at the table because he gets impatient when he wants more but he has learned to say "please" or as he says it "peeaassse." We have also taught him how to sign for "more" and that has worked nicely most of the time especially when we're in public.

-Sleeping has improved somewhat over the past two months although some nights aren't as great as others. For about 3-4 weeks now, he's been sleeping through the night in his bed. He typically wakes up about 5:30 and gets in bed with us until around 7:00. Some nights though, he's up and down and ends up sleeping with us because it's the only way he'll calm down and rest. We've learned to pick our battles and this is one that we feel he'll eventually grow out of but we're not pressuring him. We didn't start doing anything differently and he started sleeping better all on his own. I know this is a hot button issue for a lot of parents but co-sleeping has worked for us and honestly a well-rested baby and mommy makes for a happier day!

-He's starting to say more things. Although he doesn't say many words, he is very "talkative" and has lots to say. I have no idea where he got that from?!?! He can say...momma, daddy, dooley, please, hello, hey, and bye-bye. And he has also said "go dawgs" or at least that's what he's trying to say much to the delight of my hubby! :)

-He has 8 teeth and is currently getting his bottom molars in on both sides. Hence, a few sleepless nights and some intense irritiablity. Yikes!

-Things he enjoys playing with: Elmo guitar, Cozy Coupe, VTech Alphabet train, trucks and tractors, lawn mower, Little People school bus and his sports activity center. He loves to pull down all of his books & flip through the pages. Still not a big fan of sitting still long enough to read a book from cover to cover but we do attempt it. He loves bath time and has the best time splashing the water. He has also started putting his face down in the water and thinks it's hilarious. Hopefully, that means he'll enjoy swim lessons! He will steal an iPhone in a hot minute and he talks to Siri very often. I think she's confused most of the time. He loves to play football with his Daddy and I love hearing him squeal and laugh.

-Sweet boy loves playing in the laundry room and helping Mommy put clothes in the dryer. He also enjoys playing in my pantry and is constantly strewing food all over the house. It is both funny and annoying. If a bathroom door is left open, he will flush the toilet at least 5 times. He likes to give his puppy, Dooley, treats and loves for him to chase him around and play. He thinks Dooley is so funny and is obsessed with his tail. Dooley is not happy about that.

-My sweet angel has been sick a good bit the past two months. He has had two ear infections one of which was a double ear infection. He also had walking pneumonia and was very sickly for two weeks. He passed that on to several people and our household was under the weather for several weeks. I hate seeing my boy sick and feeling poopy. Glad we are on the mend...if these teeth would just hurry up and come in! :)

-His favorite tv shows are Sesame Street and Thomas & Friends.

-He learned to blow kisses recently and it's the most precious thing ever. He gives the absolute BEST kisses and hugs in the world! Melts my heart every single time. He can get away with ANYTHING with a good slobbery kiss and he knows it too!

We are so excited for Christmas! I cannot wait to see him on Christmas morning. I'm sure there will be a special twinkle in his eye as he sits in front of the tree opening his gifts from Santa and family! And although that part is exciting and fun, I always want him to know the real reason for the season and that of course is the birth of our Lord & Savior. I also want him to know that it's better to give than to receive. I don't want him to always think of the gifts he's going to receive at Christmas. I pray we can always instill those values in him as he grows up.

His 15 month check-up is after Christmas and I can't wait to see how much he's grown in the past 3 months. We'll update then! :)

Merry Christmas to all of you & God bless you in the New Year!

His first goose egg & being sick all in a two day period. Poor baby! 

Helping Daddy work!

What a stinker! :)

Picking out the perfect pumpkins at the pumpkin patch!

So silly!

Our scary monster on Halloween!

Halloween 2013

Outlaw Family Reunion in Dublin

Serenading me with Elmo's World!

War Eagle!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment