Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

34 Weeks

It's hard to believe we're already 21 days into August which means my due date is getting that much closer!! We had a great weekend & spent some quality time with a few close friends. Our friend, Annie, came from Atlanta on Saturday to spend the night & see baby Hatch's nursery. We had a great time catching up with her & really appreciated her taking the time to come visit us as our due date gets closer. On Sunday, we spent the day with The Fleming's. This is my best friend & her husband & their two sweet babies. They welcomed their second baby, Quinn, on August 2nd and we were excited to spend some quality time with all of them & of course get some newborn practice with Baby Q! They're a sweet little family & God has truly blessed them with beautiful, healthy children!

I also spent some time in Hatcher's nursery organizing our shower gifts & getting his clothes washed. This sweet boy has lots of clothes & I can't wait for him to wear them all! My goal this week is to get both mine & his hospital bags packed so we're ready to go when the time comes. The car seat, stroller & pack & play are all put together & now we just have to put his swing/bouncy seat together & organize all of his stuff in our kitchen cabinets. We're getting all ready for baby!!

We had a wonderful doctor's visit this morning. Everything looked great & I was measuring exactly 34 weeks & Hatcher's heartbeat was strong in the 140s. We also spoke with the doctor about how involved Johny could be in the delivery process. He's always said he wanted to help "catch" Hatcher if the doctors would allow it. I think this is so sweet & just shows how truly happy he is to welcome our son into the world! Dr. Slocumb made him one happy daddy this morning when he told him as long as everything was going well during delivery, he was more than happy to let Johny "catch" Hatcher. YAY!!! We're so ready to meet this baby boy! :)

Below is my 34 week "bump" shot & update. Enjoy!


How far along? 34 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: +26 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes. Top & leggings from Motherhood Maternity. This top is great because it doesn't look like a maternity shirt & can be worn post pregnancy.
Stretch marks? Nope! :)
Sleep: Been sleeping a little more comfortably since buying the Boppy Wedge to go under my growing belly! It's the best thing I've purchased so far! We also ordered a new all memory foam mattress today from Sealy which we're totally pumped about!! 
Best moment this week: Spending time with close friends & hearing Hatcher's heartbeat this morning!
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Not feeling like my bladder may explode when I have to pee. I mean it's intense!!
Movement: Lots of movement & I love every minute of it!!
Food cravings: Still loving cinnamon!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not at this point.
Belly Button in or out? In
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: No
Wedding rings on or off? Off but I did find a band I can wear so my hands don't feel naked!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: My last overnight work trip this week. My traveling will start slowing down after this week because the doctor doesn't want me too far away in case the baby comes early. Also, a relaxing weekend with my hubby finishing up some last minute preparations for H's arrival. 


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! :) I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie! Hope things are going well with your little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete