Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

38 Weeks

I literally cannot believe that we have 8 days until we meet our sweet baby boy! It seems like just yesterday we found out we were pregnant...ok maybe not yesterday because honestly towards the end of pregnancy you feel like you've been pregnant forever! I honestly think it's going to be weird not to be pregnant anymore!

At our 37 week appointment this past Wednesday, Dr. Slocumb told us that Hatcher still hadn't moved down far enough so there was no action happening. He continues to be concerned week after week with the position of my pelvic bone so we ultimately came to the decision to schedule a c section. Hatcher's birthday will be September 24th unless he decides to make his appearance sooner! We are SO EXCITED!!! The c section wasn't our original birth plan but after much prayer & conversations with our doctor, we feel it's the right thing to do for both Hatcher & myself. We go in this Friday for my 38 week appointment & then head to the hospital for pre-op.

I had 4 days of vacation to use before the end of the year so tomorrow is going to be my last day of work before my maternity leave officially starts! It's hard to believe that for the next 3 months my only responsibility is my lil man! :) I'm going to spend the week getting last minute things done around the house & running last minute errands. And more than likely getting a mani/pedi since I know it may be awhile before that'll happen again! My family starts arriving on Friday which is so exciting because it makes everything feel so real!

Here's to a great last week of being pregnant & the countdown until baby Hatcher's arrival! :)

Below is the 38 week "bump" shot & update.


How far along? 38 weeks in weeks; currently 38 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: +29 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Only a few & there aren't bad at all...I'm very lucky! 
Sleep: Average bathroom break during the night: 3. Needless to say, sleep is becoming less & less. 
Best moment this week: Spending time with close friends watching football & catching up on Saturday.
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Not having swollen hands & feet that remind me of little sausages! 
Movement: Lots of movement & I love every minute of it!!
Food cravings: Nothing new this week. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: No
Wedding rings on or off? Off
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: My vacation time this week as we prepare for Hatcher to be here in 8 DAYS!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment