Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

39 Weeks

As I sit here writing this blog, I cannot believe it's my last post before we welcome our sweet baby boy!  The past 9 months have been the best of my life. I have thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant & am very thankful to God for blessing us with this beautiful life growing inside of me. I've been a little emotional the past few days because I just can't believe I'm meeting my son in 2 days!! I have always dreamed of being a mommy & can't wait to experience this journey with Johny. He is going to be the best daddy! I mean the man hasn't slept in a week because he is so excited for Monday to get here. He's been taking such good care of me & constantly asks me what I need & how he can help me prepare. I'm a lucky girl & I absolutely can't wait to see him holding Hatcher for the first time!

We are scheduled for our c section at 9:30 a.m. on Monday. We have to check in at 8:00 to get prepped for surgery. I'm a little nervous to say the least but after meeting the nurses & staff at The Medical Center on Friday, I feel a little better about the whole process. Plus, I have a fabulous doctor & I know he's going to take wonderful care of me & my little family. My mom arrived yesterday to help us get ready for the big day & to spend a little quality time with her first born before I become a mother myself. She's making a pot of her famous homemade chili for us as we speak! We've also gotten to spend some time with Johny's parents & we're so glad to have this special time with all of them. My dad & sister will arrive tomorrow & I cant' wait to see them!

I can't wait to post pictures of baby Hatcher next week once we're home! I'll try to update everyone as soon as we're settled. Thank all of you for following along on our pregnancy journey. The blog isn't over though. I've enjoyed blogging so much that I'm going to continue the blog with Hatcher's stories, my mommy experiences & updates on the Ricks Family!

Below is the 39 week "bump" shot & update.


How far along? 39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +30 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Only a few & there aren't bad at all...I'm very lucky! 
Sleep: Maybe a good solid few hours but I'm too excited to sleep!! 
Best moment this week: Spending quality time with Johny over the past week having date nights & just enjoying our last few nights just the two of us! Plus, hearing Hatch's heartbeat at our OB appointment. Like I've said before, it never gets old! :)
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Not having acid reflux every night.
Movement: Lots of movement & I love every minute of it!!
Food cravings: Blueberry waffles
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: No
Wedding rings on or off? Off
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Hatcher's arrival on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment