Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Happy Birthday, Johny! :)

Today, is Hatcher's daddy & my hubby's 29th birthday! Since he got his birthday gifts from us a week early, I saved this post for his actual birthday. Since Hatcher's arrival, I've wanted to dedicate a post to him & I felt today was very appropriate. Today, I am thankful that his prescious mom & dad gave birth to him & raised him to be the wonderful man he is today!

Our love story began in college although we were friends for nearly a year & a half before we started dating.  We met the very first week of college at a friend's party. He was my best guy friend & we hung out all the time. Funny note, we even sort of dated each other's friends. Finally, our sophomore year he invited me as his date to his fraternity's formal. I thought it was a friendly date but later found out there were stronger feelings there on both sides. The formal was in February 2004 & we didn't make our relationship official until May 2004. Five years later, he proposed in our favorite city, Charleston & we were married in March 2010. Then in January 2012, we found out we were expecting baby Hatcher in September!

Johny has always made me extremely happy & knows me better than anyone! He's extremely laid back, quiet & very athletic. I can be high strung at times, quite loud & don't have an athletic bone in my body. So it's fair to say, we are opposites that attracted one another! Johny is not only a great daddy & husband but he's also a loyal friend, family man, hard worker & lover of all those UGA football! He loves his job & is a wonderful provider to our little family. He is so great with our beagle, Dooley & can often be found running in the back yard with him throwing the tennis ball or rolling around wrestling with him on the floor. I knew from his relationship with Dooley (our fur child!) that he was going to be a great daddy & boy was I right. Seeing Hatcher light up when he sees him or hears his voice is the sweetest thing ever! He can make Hatcher laugh at the drop of a hat & he's not afraid of a poopy diaper! I hit the daddy jackpot!

I celebrate my love for him everyday because I cannot begin imagine what my life would be like without him in it. The word "dull" comes to mind! He makes me laugh & treats me like a queen (especially so when I was preggers!) and I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else!

Below are some pictures of our life together as well as a clip from one of our favorite new shows, Nashville. It's a song called, When the Right One Comes Along sung by Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio. Johny is definitely my "right one!"


Dinner with friends at the Fish & pg

















No comments:

Post a Comment