Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Hatcher is Teething!

It's official, our little man has his very first tooth coming in! The doctor told us at his 4 month check-up that his bottom gum was very swollen so we would see some action soon. Then, we slowly started seeing the signs that something was going on in there. A few of the signs Hatcher showed were:

-Fighting nap time & once asleep waking up numerous times crying or only sleeping for a maximum of 45 minutes.
-Putting everything in his mouth & biting down really hard.
-LOTS of drooling!!
-Fussiness & irritiability which is not very common for Hatcher. He's typically very laid back & chill unless he's hungry or really sleepy.
-He also went from sleeping through the night to waking up numerous times tossing & turning.

Once I realized he was definitely teething, a friend recommended Hyland's teething tablets & gel. So off I ran to Wal-Mart to find these gems! On Wednesday, he had barely slept all day. Maybe an hour since he woke up that morning. As soon as I massaged his gums with the gel, he was asleep within 10 minutes & slept for over an hour. Yesterday, I would apply the gel before nap time & he took 3 naps! I haven't tried the tablets yet but I'm very thankful for this gel!

Yesterday morning as I was massaging his gums, I felt the tooth!! It has just barely broken through the gum but it's coming in for sure. Hoping once it does, my sweet boy will get some relief before the next one arrives. Teething isn't fun for anyone but especially for the baby! We're all a little sleep deprived but we've had a discussion that tomorrow is Saturday so we all need to sleep in...we'll see if that happens!!

Below are a few pictures from this week that I wanted to share.

Up bright & early to celebrate Daddy's birthday on Monday, 2/4

Hatcher started rolling over 2 weeks ago today. But wasn't doing it very often because he's not a fan of being on his tummy. On Tuesday, he was rolling over like it was his job! Look how high he's holding that head up!! I'm so proud! ;)

What a little stinker! 

Worn out from bouncing so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment