Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

27 Weeks

This week was our 27 week doctor's appointment where I had to do the 1 hour glucose test. Honestly, I was freaking out about this appointment because everyone says the glucose drink is terrible! For those of you who have never been pregnant, this test is to see if you have gestational diabetes. You have to drink a very sugary drink which I would compare to Orange Fanta without the carbonation. It's very sweet & you only have 5 minutes to drink. Then you have to wait 1 hour & have your blood drawn. They'll test your sugar levels & if they're not where they need to be you have more tests to do & a more strict diet throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

I gotta say...I didn't think the drink was bad at all & I got it down in less than 2 minutes. The bad part for me was the blood work which I always dread...I hate a needle! I'll know tomorrow (Thursday) if I didn't pass the test & have to go back for the 3 hour test. 

Our next appointment is on July 23rd & after this appointment we start going every 2 weeks until week 36. At that point, I'll start going weekly until Hatcher makes his appearance! I just cannot wait!! :)

Below are a few pics from the last few days & my 27 week "bump" picture! 

My sweet Dooley loves laying his head on my belly! :)

I washed my first load of baby clothes & it was so fun! :)


How far along? 27 weeks, 2 days in this picture; currently 27 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: 17 lbs. I was up 4 lbs since my last dr's appointment 4 weeks ago.
Maternity clothes? Yes. Both the top & pants in this picture are from Motherhood Maternity. I live in these white capris & I also have them in black. Super comfy & lightweight in this hot weather!
Stretch marks? Nope! :)
Sleep: Still having hip pain & peeing about two times a night at this point. 
Best moment this week: Hearing Hatch's heartbeat at the dr's visit. 
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? I miss the feeling of not feeling hungry all the time. My appetite has picked back up & I feel like I could literally eat all day long. Choosing healthy snacking options as often as possible though. 
Movement: Little Hatcher loves moving all around! I can tell now where his head & bootie are. So cool! 
Food cravings: This week it's been Fruit Loops! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Strong odors.
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On...but my wedding band is getting very tight.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Painting the nursery this weekend with the help of my parents! Can't wait to post pics of everything all decorated. 



No comments:

Post a Comment