Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The beginnings of the nursery! :)

This past Sunday we started painting & decorating Hatcher's nursery. If you know me well, you know I've been making plans for this baby's room since the moment I found out he was coming! I love decorating so this has been super fun for me. I wanted to share my finds & the pictures of how it's all coming together.

Johny & my dad painted the nursery covering up this bright neon green that the previous owners had painted. They painted the room a Valspar color called Oxford Blue. It turned out even better than I had expected. While the boys painted, my mom & I did what women do best...we shopped!! We found Hatcher a coming home outfit & then bought curtains & a lamp for the changing table. It was a wonderful day & of course when it was all complete...I did shed a tear of excitement!! :)

Below are pictures of our day as well as where I found each item in his nursery.

My hubby covering up the bright green with primer! 

My dad putting on the first coat of blue! :)

The color turned out even better than I expected. So glad we went with blue instead of the khaki I had originally picked out. 

Another angle showing how pretty it is up against bright white. 

Mommy with her safety mask on! haha! I wasn't in the room often but when I was I totally played it safe. Gotta protect my sweet boy! 

Hatcher's crib & bedding! The crib was bought from Giggle Moon in Macon, GA. I bought it when they were closing their store location so it was a floor sample. I got it for half the original price. Such a deal! The bedding is from a website called Polka Tot Designs. They do AMAZING work! They were recommended to me by a friend & I'm so glad I used them. They have lots of fabric choices to choose from & are very easy to work with. It takes about 5 weeks to receive your order but totally worth the wait. 

The glider rocker & ottoman were borrowed from my sweet friend, Amy. The chair color & fabric couldn't have been a better match & saved me hundreds of dollars! The monogrammed pillow was purchased from Monograms & More in Milledgeville, GA. The table is from Bed Bath & Beyond & was less than $20. The white curtains are a Target find. Two panels for $35. 

Probably my favorite piece of the nursery is this beautiful white antique dresser. We found it right after we found out we were expecting at Payne City Antique Mall in Macon, GA. I love the character it adds to the room. The lamp & shade are from Target & together were less than $20. The black frame & letters are from Hobby Lobby. We'll be hanging this on the wall above the dresser. You know us southern girls love a good monogram! :)

I am so pleased with how everything has turned out! I'll post more pictures as we hang more decorations on the wall in the coming weeks! 

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! I love that color of blue with the contrast of the white and darker color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, It all looks so cute! Andrew was sitting here looking at this with me and said, "it won't be long before there are teeth marks all over the rails of that crib." All that to say, it goes by SO fast, enjoy every little thing;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin it looks amazing! Ya'll did a wonderful job! I have really enjoyed reading about little Hatcher's journey so far!! I know you can't wait for him to get here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, y'all! I appreciate your comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete