Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Nesting has begun...

So I think it's safe to say that nesting has definitely begun for me. I have this intense need to get every aspect of my home in order & organized before Hatcher arrives. I started by cleaning out our closet & trying to get rid of some old stuff. I donated some old clothes to a yard sale a friend was having & it felt so nice to throw things out. The closet is more organized but still has a little ways to go.

Like many people today, I'm obsessed with Pinterest. I recently found a pin where a woman had completely re-organized her laundry room. For me, I've never had a real laundry room until we moved into our home last summer. I love doing laundry but for some reason my laundry room became a catch all for junk! So I took her ideas & made them a reality in my laundry room. Below is how it look before & after.

As you can see, I had plenty of shelving perfect for organization but instead they were filled with junk!

I found these cute matching baskets at Michael's. I totally lucked out because the day I went they were having a 40% off sale on all baskets!

All cleaned out!

Here's the after shot! Perfectly organized. Top shelf has old towels/rags for cleaning, all extra sheet sets & pillow cases and beach towels. The second shelf has cleaning supplies, batteries, light bulbs, etc. The third shelf is for laundry detergent, lent rollers, fabric softener & the iron. The little basket on the dryer is for all the fun things I find in Johny's pants pockets! :)

I even bought this wall art decal & it matches perfectly. 

Now, I'm totally motivated to get my kitchen cabinets, bathrooms & guest bedroom closets organized before September rolls around! I gotta say this nesting stuff is pretty fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment