Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

28 Weeks

Well, the past week in the Ricks house has been quite a busy one! As most of you know, I sell mattresses for Sealy Mattress for a living so big holidays are a huge retail event for us. I worked quite a bit last week including July 4th but did find some time to relax & enjoy some time with my hubby! We had a great time on Saturday at the lake with great friends & truly enjoyed some fun & relaxation after our busy work weeks.

On Sunday, my parents came over & helped us start the nursery painting & decorating! We had a great day & are so excited that the nursery is nearly complete. I'll update the blog soon with pics & details of the day.

Below is the 28 week "bump" shot & update. Please excuse my appearance but it had been a long day & I didn't want to forget to take the picture.

I love when Dooley wants to join in the weekly shot! :)

How far along? 28 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: +17 lbs. 
Maternity clothes? Yes. The tank in this picture is from Old Navy maternity. I bought two colors because I found it on sale & I wear them all the time! 
Stretch marks? Nope! :)
Sleep: Still having hip pain & peeing about two times a night at this point. 
Best moment this week: Seeing Hatcher's nursery come together! I just love going in there & sitting in the rocker imagining what it will be like when he arrives!! 
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? People's politeness. Just recently, I've had several people at check-out counters ask when my baby is due & when I tell them I still have 3 more months they say..."wow are you expecting twins" or "wow you're big so I'm sure you're going to have a big baby!!" Honestly, I've tried to be healthy throughout the pregnancy but I know every pound I gain is for this sweet boy so I don't care but I do wish strangers would keep their thoughts to themselves sometimes!!! 
Movement: Lots of movement & I love every minute of it!!
Food cravings: Still fruit loops, anything with peanut butter & fruit.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not at this point.
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: No
Belly measurement: 37 inches around
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On...but my wedding band is getting very tight.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Having our maternity pictures taken this weekend by the talented Tracy Thompson of Photography by Tracy T. We'll also be spending some quality time with my family & some old friends while in LaGrange! 



3 comments:

  1. I think you look amazing, Kristin! Don't listen to those rude strangers. :) I am coming to the recruitment workshop at Zeta Iota on Sunday... Hopefully I will see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AK! You're so sweet. I'll be at the meeting on Sunday & I can't wait to see you & catch up! :)

      Delete